As part of our maintenance team, you’ll have the ability to influence change and see your ideas come to fruition. At Bell & Evans, our decisions are based on what’s best for our chickens and customers, not cost. Maintenance careers range from Refrigeration Technicians to entry level Maintenance Mechanics and supervisors. Choose an opening to see Maintenance job descriptions, responsibilities and other information.
Featured Job: Maintenance Mechanic ($21.63-$33.86) 1st Shift
If you are ambitious and take pride in your work, we are the employer for you. As we continue to grow, opportunities for advancement are endless!
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
• Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
• Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
• Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
• Lubricates and cleans parts.
• Starts devices to test their performance.
• Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
• Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
• Repairs electrical equipment.
• Remove and install new equipment as needed.
• Take a proactive role in assuring safe, quality products are produced by immediately addressing any safety or quality concerns.
• Other duties may be assigned on occasion at the request of the Maintenance Supervisor.
Maintenance Job Description Overview
As a maintenance mechanic, you’ll perform a variety of maintenance tasks, depending on the area you will work in. You’ll also take a proactive role in assuring safe, quality products are produced by immediately addressing any safety or quality concerns with our equipment. Our maintenance roles include:
- Maintenance Mechanics, 1st and 3rd Shift
- Refrigeration Technician
- Maintenance Admin
- Entry Level Garage Mechanic